You will need to register if you were an old (2012) MCL user

Just to be clear, while this is mycoffeelounge.net, Paris let the old place die, all posts from the original MCL are most likely gone forever

Don't let the fact that your browser remembers your old username and password fool you, but you can, of course, use your old username here, when you register

Our clients are idiots

• Client: Need to generate some reports from data April 2017 to March 2018

Me: As far as I can see, that data was never in our system

1 week later

Client's Boss emails me, cc's Client
    Boss: Need to generate some reports from data April 2017 to March 2018

Me: As I explained to Client, that data does not, and never has, existed. Oh, wait, there is some data, that's odd. Oh, I see, it was manually entered 2 days ago, but it's only a tiny bit of the data

Boss: OK, I'll see what we can do

2 Hours later

Boss: That's only a very small part of the data

Me: Yes, that's what I old you

Boss: So we'll need to enter the data manually?

Me: Yes, I can't see any other way

1 Week later

Boss's Manager emails me, Boss and Client cc'd

Manager: Need to generate some reports from data April 2017 to March 2018, I can't see the data, it's disappeared. Can you restore access to the data

Me: As I explained to Boss and Client, that data does not exist in the database, has never existed in the database, so there's nothing to restore

• my head is spinning

• LOL - turns out the data was there all along - they fucked something up - speaking to the Manager made it clear πŸ˜„

• I used to think that I was a people person, however, I am slowly coming to the realisation working in customer service, that I actually hate people.

• @Flutterby said in Our clients are idiots:

customer service

People always try it on with customer service - trying to get a freebie or something

I know I've done it in the past - and Kogan actually refunded me more than I paid for a TV that I said was faulty - even though I had determined that the TV was probably fine, it was the foxtel IQ that was being stupid πŸ˜„

Anyway, returned the TV, and Kogan refunded full price + postage ... even though I paid almost $100 off full price πŸ˜„

• I work retail, and after a week off work sick, and my mother's service, I came back to getting my arse chewed out because some customer who I had bent over backwards to help, complained to head office because we looked incompetent due to someone else not doing their job, and she didn't like our layby policy and was pissed off that I've taken over from the old manager who left almost a year ago. It really made me think about what kind of work/life balance I have and want, right now. I wouldn't mind if I'd been rude, or hadn't helped her, but I did everything short of giving her the product for nothing. She misunderstood the price, as quoted, and I still gave it to her at the discounted price she thought it was... yet she bitched me out to head office because I informed her that if she cancels her layby she loses her deposit, and told them that I made her feel like I thought she couldn't afford the item.

• I don't put up with that shit ... I guess I'm lucky that I have a 'captive audience' nowadays since all our IT work is now inhouse and I fucked off all of the external clients. Now I can happily say 'No, you aren't having that' or 'delete that folder one mor efucking time and i replace your PC with a notepad and pencil'. IT is MUCH better when you become a bigger company and don't have to deal with paying customers anymore πŸ™‚

• @Dread said in Our clients are idiots:

I don't put up with that shit

Thumbs up for laying the smackdown.

• The joys of getting older AND only having to report to the CEO who just signs off on anything I send to him πŸ˜‰

• Same company, 4th "accountant" they've hired in 7 years asking me how to be an accountant! Like, just because I wrote the fucking software I'm supposed to know how to adjust the retained profits brought forward from the prior years adjustments!!

Next time there's a bug in our accounting module I'm going to ask her how do I fix it, with the logic "Well, you use it, so tell me how to fix it"

• So your clients are Indian or Malay?

• IT professionals the world over: "Jesus H Christ how fucking useless are Indian IT workers"
    Malaysians: "Hold my Laksa"

• I was going to start a rant about my customers but then realise it would just be about ho fucking hopeless Indians are ... and I don't wish to sound racist.

But their culture sucks

• @The-J-Man said in Our clients are idiots:

But their culture sucks

πŸ‘

• @The-J-Man said in Our clients are idiots:

IT professionals the world over: "Jesus H Christ how fucking useless are Indian IT workers"

Filipino IT Worker: Hold my … whatever the fuck those dopey cunts shove down their dumb cunt mouths … they make Telstra look fucking competent!

• @Dread said in Our clients are idiots:

@The-J-Man said in Our clients are idiots:

IT professionals the world over: "Jesus H Christ how fucking useless are Indian IT workers"

Filipino IT Worker: Hold my … whatever the fuck those dopey cunts shove down their dumb cunt mouths … they make Telstra look fucking competent!

... it’s the Filipinos that you talk to at Telstra ....