You will need to register if you were an old (2012) MCL user

Just to be clear, while this is mycoffeelounge.net, Paris let the old place die, all posts from the original MCL are most likely gone forever

Don't let the fact that your browser remembers your old username and password fool you, but you can, of course, use your old username here, when you register

A few motorcycle restorations

• **The next few posts are a few restorations I have done in the last few years since the big C treatment. The first picture in each post will be what they looked like before the restoration. Then how they finish up. The first one is a 1993 Harley Davidson FXDL Low Rider. Here is a Youtube video of it running https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB56Vg0UaNw ** 1993 Harley Davidson FXDL Low Rider 1.jpg 1993 Harley Davidson FXDL Low Rider 5.JPG

• This old 1981 Yamaha XS650 was not in the best of shape when I grabbed it. Someone with no idea on how to build a custom motorcycle owned it and had an epic fail at customizing it, I picked up for $350 back in the year 2000, it was not running but after doing a compression test on the engine it came out at 180psi spot on each cylinder, that told me this old girl had plenty of life left in her yet....I was going to put it back to stock standard then thought what the hell it is screaming out to be chopped old school style so it happened over an 18 year period with a bloody lot of $$$$$ thrown at it.Picture 6.jpg 1981 Yamaha XS650 Chopper 6.jpg

• AWESOME WORK!!.

As a side not - I hate handy people. I can barely screw a screw in without stripping the head of the screw and most of my tools end up thrown around the backyards and me screaming like Homer 'Why the fuck doesn't mine look like that' when you look at the picture on the box. 😉

• @Dread

Just takes a little time and practice, I remember a few earlier projects attempted in my younger days stoned out of my mind ended up looking like a 2 year old built them.

• @Drop-Bear said in A few motorcycle restorations:

@Dread

Just takes a little time and practice

How much?? I've been trying off and on for over 30 years now ...

LOL 🙂

• 1995 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fatboy Custom with a John Trease full house engine ...This would have to be one of the fastest HD's I have ever ridden with a 1340 Evolution engine with a custom 6 speed gearbox behind it.

1995 Harley Davidson FLSTF John Trease Fatboy Custom 1.jpg 1995 Harley Davidson FLSTF John Trease Fatboy Custom 3.JPG

• 1997 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fatboy Custom 1.JPG This 1997 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fatboy Custom with a mono shock frame just needed a good tidy up and some of the flame work paint removed that was far too over done, I also changed the exhaust and replaced the front foot pegs with running boards, I put longer fork tube covers on it as the ones on it were too short, It need a rear drive belt guard as well I adapted up to fit off a Softail frame. The first two pictures are what it looked like when I got it and the other two are how it looked after it was finished.1997 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fatboy Custom 2.JPG 1997 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fatboy Custom 3.JPG 1997 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fatboy Custom 4.JPG

• 1999 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1.jpg This 1999 Harley Davidson FXST Softail was another tricky one it had been reversed over by a car the strut rails on the back of the frame were bent the back guard dented and twisted also the petrol tank was dented and the paint scratched. So a bit of straightening and a paint job and another exhaust system and the bike was as good as new.1999 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 2.jpg 1999 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 18.JPG 1999 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 20.JPG

• AWESOME WORK! Not even into bikes but these are works of art!

• @Dread
    Cheers

• @Drop-Bear

if Klink was still around I imagine he would be mentioning a bike like this australia-post.jpg

• Nice bikes! Question... are you only into Harley Davidsons or do you have an interest in other bikes, as well?

• @Flutterby

**The second bike I posted up is a Yamaha Chopper, I mainly buy and sell Harley Davidsons as I have been riding them since the early 1980's and have owned 60 of them.

I also like British bikes and have owned a couple of Triumphs a Silver Jubilee T140 Bonneville, and a Rocket III had a couple of Nortons both 850cc Commandos.

I also owned all your classic 1970/80's Japanese bikes such as Kawasaki Z1-900's H2-750's Mach-3 500's GPZ-1100's, Honda 750/4's, 500/4's, Yamaha XS-650's Suzuki GT-750's GS-1000 GSX-1100's

I have had a few European bikes too 3 Ducatis a 450 Desmo a GTL 500 a Darmah 900, Bennelli Tornado 650S, Laverda RGA 1000, BMW K100, Moto Guzzi Nevada 750

All up since 1975 I have owned 143 Road Bikes.**

• @kess

Don't laugh Kess people actually collect those old Postie bikes Honda CT 90's and 110's

• @Drop-Bear said in A few motorcycle restorations:

@Flutterby

**The second bike I posted up is a Yamaha Chopper, I mainly buy and sell Harley Davidsons as I have been riding them since the early 1980's and have owned 60 of them.

I also like British bikes and have owned a couple of Triumphs a Silver Jubilee T140 Bonneville, and a Rocket III had a couple of Nortons both 850cc Commandos.

I also owned all your classic 1970/80's Japanese bikes such as Kawasaki Z1-900's H2-750's Mach-3 500's GPZ-1100's, Honda 750/4's, 500/4's, Yamaha XS-650's Suzuki GT-750's GS-1000 GSX-1100's

I have had a few European bikes too 3 Ducatis a 450 Desmo a GTL 500 a Darmah 900, Bennelli Tornado 650S, Laverda RGA 1000, BMW K100, Moto Guzzi Nevada 750

All up since 1975 I have owned 143 Road Bikes.**

My dad used to have a Triumph Americana, and my best friend's dad has a Rocket III. Dad currently has an Indian Springfield.

• @Flutterby

Great bikes these new Indians, I also forgot to add in my previous post that I also have a Victory Boardwalk made by Polaris the same company that make Jet Skis and Indian Motorcycles2014 Victory Boardwalk 1.jpg

• Dad worked for Victory and Indian Motorcycle (ie Polaris) he helped them set up the Brisbane site, but he left to take care of my Mum. He had some awesome bikes to ride through his time with them. But he settled on the Springfield as his favourite. I remember him riding a Hammer and an 8ball at different times.

• I think my old man was riding a Triumph while he was with the VVMC, I know it was after the Harleys. Dumb fuck should have learnt after his major accident in 85...

• @Flutterby

I bought the Victory real cheap of a dude in Brisbane, a few years ago, with the view of moving it on and making 3K on it....But after riding it I was hooked goes hard and handles great. Its not going anywhere for a few years yet.

• @Dread

That's what a true Bikie is all about, no matter how bad you come down, get back in the saddle as fast as. Bikes are in my blood and I can't shake the habit.