You will need to register if you were an old (2012) MCL user

Just to be clear, while this is mycoffeelounge.net, Paris let the old place die, all posts from the original MCL are most likely gone forever

Don't let the fact that your browser remembers your old username and password fool you, but you can, of course, use your old username here, when you register

Internet speed comparisons

• We are on NBN wireless we’re we are.
    This is what we are currently getting.
    2C6F878B-8531-40AE-8A86-111690145CA7.png

• So:

• what speed did you pay for?
    • what is that speedtest? something in the modem/router, I mean, who knows what that sagecom crap does!
    • have you tried speedtest.net?

• I'm getting pretty much what I pay for.

• @param420 said in Internet speed comparisons:

NBN wireless

Ask them to replace your old wireless antenna [dimond shaped] with one of the new generation 3 antennae [rectangle shaped]. I was getting around 5-7.5 old, 25-35 new peak speeds. The new antenna evidently makes three connections to the tower while the old one just one.
    alt text

• Screenshot_2019-08-05 Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.png

• @bravo
    I meant comparisons between other people

Pay $90 for unlimited plus fetch tv.

I know that ones shit. It’s just what I was looking at last night and got me wondering.

• @Les I’ll investigate into that. Don’t know which one we have.

• Repeat after me - Wireless will NEVER be as good as Wired. Ever.

I know - people are stuck on it regardless, and if you think 5G will make much difference - I have a bridge for sale you may be interested in. One owner. Well maintained.

Wireless is a COMPLIMENTARY technology, not a REPLACEMENT. And when I say WIRED, in reference to the NBN, I'm referring to Fibre to the Premises (or Home if you prefer). Not fucking HFC or that utter garbage FTTN.

I sympathise with your plight - but if you vote/voted LNP all I can say is - sucked shit.

The rest of this rant is now a Generic rant, not aimed at any individuals here ... even if they are guilty ...

You (people from 'the Bush') got what you wanted and voted for. It's another reason to despise people 'from the bush' to be frank. They had a golden opportunity to reap the reward of a Labor win because 2 'Bush' Representatives (Windsor and Oakschott) decided to go with Labor specifically because of the NBN. It was those two, despite being utter morons, who got the guarantee that Bush people would not only get the same NBN as the City, but also at the same time AND, even more importantly - AT THE SAME PRICE AS THE CITY. So if you lived within 15 Km of a rural town - you would get Fibre to your house, full speed, at the same price as the rest of us in the burbs AND sometimes BEFORE we even got it!

But, what did 'the Bush' do?? Chuck out Windsor and Oakschott, chucked out Labor and voted in Jugears and Turdball WHO FUCKED YOU OVER but taking that Fibre Internet off you and gave $12 BILLION to Telstra and Optus for the Copper Network WE DIDNT FUCKING NEED and the HFC network THAT WASN'T FIT FOR FUCKING PURPOSE as your new NBN and told everyone else - fuck you you are now on wireless because we couldn't be arsed putting any new copper or fibre in to you.

And why did 'the bush' do that?? Because of fucking 'Brown People on Boats' - so we'll done you myopic inbred fuckmuppets. It's why I refuse to 'buy a bale' or this 'Parma for a Farmer' or even buy milk thats extra 'for the Farmers' - FUCK 'EM! They fucked over the entire country for the next 20 years at least because they are inbred racist toerags. And now they whine about shitty internet and I fucking laugh at them. Fuck em, got what they wanted!

And I need to stop reading and posting this shit before I've had enough coffee ... I was up till 3am recovering a Mail Server ... fuck it, I'm going home ... 2 hours is enough for today ...

Enjoy!

• @Dread said in Internet speed comparisons:

Repeat after me - Wireless will NEVER be as good as Wired. Ever.

You know some places only can get wireless NBN, right?

@Dread said in Internet speed comparisons:

And when I say WIRED, in reference to the NBN, I'm referring to Fibre to the Premises (or Home if you prefer). Not fucking HFC or that utter garbage FTTN.

FTTdp or FTTC is decent though

• I have Optus NBN unlimited on the second highest speed costs me $50 a month

• $75 for 240g 50/20 fixed wireless.
    Grandfathered AussieBB plan.

• @bravo
    Yea we only get offered NBN wireless here.
    Not even sure if the house has adsl at one stage.

• I am on the dreaded fttn but getting acceptable speeds at 80odd percent of maximum.fttn speeds1756wst Aug6.JPG

• 94/37 ... somebody must be streaming

• @param420 said in Internet speed comparisons:

Not even sure if the house has adsl at one stage.

ADSL didn't stretch much more than 5000 meters from the exchange, I was the last house along our road to get ADSL.

• Mines shit as well ... this was while watching Netflix (missus) and Youtube (me) ... and the young bloke is on his XBox playing fortnite ... and Daughter 15 is on Spotify while Facetiming a friend ...

shitnbn.jpg