You will need to register if you were an old (2012) MCL user

Just to be clear, while this is mycoffeelounge.net, Paris let the old place die, all posts from the original MCL are most likely gone forever

Don't let the fact that your browser remembers your old username and password fool you, but you can, of course, use your old username here, when you register

what makes you say I'm too old for this shit

• @kess said in what makes you say I'm too old for this shit:

sales

That sort of explains it LOL.

• Spirit animal= Bunch of Soibois.

He obviously said the wrong animal as he didn't get the job.

I hope that was sarcasm

• @bravo said in what makes you say I'm too old for this shit:

I hope that was sarcasm

certainly was

I think the reason he didn't get the job was he was over qualified

• WTF......The retards really have taken over the asylum Kess

• In a previous job where I was the oldest Tech (at 31!) Most were just out of uni at around 21-23 and their first IT jobs and we had a Team Meeting with one of the Directors (who was all of 28) and he asked us to do some 'Roleplay'. I said 'I bags being the Elf' with an absolutely straight face ... and only one other bloke (out of 10 IT nerds) got it and fell off his chair laughing ... and it wasn't the Boss. It was the same meeting where I burst out laughing when he produced a 40 slide powerpoint showing why they couldn't afford to pay us pay rises while charging us out at $120 an hour (this was back in '04) and claiming the company only made $1 profit out of that $120 per hour (plus $60 callout mind you) ... the next day the State Manager call me in for a Private Meeting and offers me the pay rise everyone else wanted (I was already on the highest Tech paygrade so I didnt care) if I shut my mouth about $1 profit for every $120 billed bullshit. So I agreed - Fuck it, not my problem, I'll take that extra $100 a week thanks. I was already over their crap and shitty business practices so I spent the next month looking for another job and the day before I left I told the other techs what the deal was and left with a skip in my step and a smile on my dial (still wasn't roleplaying an Elf though ...). Last I heard they lost nearly all their Brisbane staff and sold out to Telstra, who then spun them out and sold them off to fucking Kaz or some other wanker and they went bust.

Management ALWAYS will try and screw over employees. Only works on the the gullible or young 😛

I think the reason he didn't get the job was he was over qualified

in some ways that's WORSE!!

I remember being knocked bakc for being overqualified!!

I understand the rationale behind it, but when there's no jobs in the area that meet your qualifications, then are you truly overqualified to do the job advertised?

• 'Overqualified' means you won't put up with the shit employers expect to pull on people with limited experience/skills. You know better already.

• Yep. Dread is right.

Surprisingly.

I mean, his stories are funny and all, but...

• My stories are life lessons ...

• @Dread said in what makes you say I'm too old for this shit:

'Roleplay'. I said 'I bags being the Elf' with an absolutely straight face

While I do not understand the reference, I think this is hilarious and plan to use a version of it it myself in the future.

@Dread said in what makes you say I'm too old for this shit:

Management ALWAYS will try and screw over employees. Only works on the the gullible or young

I'm not young but fucking hell, I'm gullible, too trusting. I'm just now recovering from being fucked over by a Director. However, just yesterday I managed to serve the bitch a delicious dish of cold revenge: I got a promotion and I've heard that my ex-director boss bitch isn't taking it too well... hahahahaha.